Matariki Festival - Workshops and Activities at the Whangarei Central Library
||Thursday, 3 July 2014
Thursday, 31 July 2014
- 1.00pm to 3.00pm|
|Where:||Whangarei Central Library, Rust Ave.|
|Entry and Tickets:||Entry / Ticketing Information: Free entry |
For more information always use our website url and our phone number:
• website: www.whangarei-libraries.com
• 09 430 4206
|Event Contact:||website: www.whangrei-libraries.com |
09 430 4206
· Flax weaving workshops – classes for adults and children
· Maori Language Week Word Hunt – competition to find Nga kupu o te wiki (words of the week) in the Library
· Korero Māori : Badge Making – design and make your own button badges
· Korero Paki : Storytelling – Listen to Māori myths and legends in the grotto under the stairs.
· Blilingual Preschool Funtimes – music, movement, storytelling and craft based on Māori thermes.